April Mission Challenge
Ideas on how you can turn your faith into ACTION!
- Beacon needs our help to get housing bonds in the Minnesota state legislature’s bonding bill. Good Samaritans can attend one of three sessions to discuss this important issue with our state legislators. You can sign-up to meet with local legislators to tell them “Our faith calls us to act. Our congregation wants money for homes in the bonding bill.” The meetings are:
* April 10 at 7:00 p.m. at Mt Olivet Lutheran Church in Plymouth
* April 15 at 3:00 p.m. at First Universalist Church in Minneapolis
* April 22 at 3:00 p.m. at Shephard of the Hill Presbyterian Church in Chaska
To sign up to attend a meeting, please contact Pat Deckas Becerra at 952-929-1428
- Our church is holding a Service Sunday on April 29. The theme is “Buckets & Blankets.” After both services Good Samaritans can help those in need by:
* Tying blankets for Families Moving Forward participants. These soft and cuddly blankets offer
comfort for children who may be experiencing a wide range of emotions during this trying time
in their young lives.
* Assembling UMCOR disaster relief Cleaning Buckets with cleaning supplies.
You can sign up on April 15 or April 22 to work on a project. Donations for blanket supplies are also welcome. Please contact Karen Bach at 612-644-1402 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
- Good Samaritan’s Families Moving Forward host week begins on Sunday, May 13. There will be a number of opportunities for you to help families who are experiencing homelessness (SetUp/Take Down, Preparing and serving a meal, Evening Play Host, Overnight Host). Volunteer sign-up sheets will be in the *narthex starting April 1. You can also sign up online to volunteer.