Beacon Interfaith Housing Collaborative is a partnership of over 80 congregations who seek to end homelessness in our area through the Families Moving Forward shelter program, the creation of stable housing sites and through public advocacy. View the Beacon Website.
Twice a year, for 7 days, we open our church home for four families for a total of up to 18 people in the Families Moving Forward program, enabling them to “feel at home” at Good Samaritan.
- Fund and prepare dinner
- Evening play host for the children
- Overnight hosts which includes setting out breakfast
- Set-up crew to prepare the church for the families
- Take Down crew after the families leave
The next opportunity for Good Samaritan is November 16-24, 2019. Volunteers are needed.
You can signup now online: Signup Online.
Good Samaritan Contacts:
- Lisa Nelson 612-965-0288 or email@example.com
- Barb Verduci 612-209-4036 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Miriam Rickert 952-830-9465 or email@example.com