Beacon Interfaith Housing Collaborative is a partnership of over 80 congregations who seek to end homelessness in our area through the Families Moving Forward shelter program, the creation of stable housing sites and through public advocacy.
Twice a year, for 7 days, we open our church home for four families for a total of up to 18 people in the Families Moving Forward program, enabling them to “feel at home” at Good Samaritan.
- Fund and prepare dinner
- Evening play host for the children
- Overnight hosts which includes setting out breakfast
- Set-up crew to prepare the church for the families
- Take Down crew after the families leave
The next opportunity for Good Samaritan is August 17-25, 2019. We will be cohosting this session with St. Stephens Church; however, some volunteers are needed. November 16-24, 2019 we are also hosting families. Volunteers are needed. You can sign up online to volunteer at good.org approximately 6 weeks prior to the hosting dates.
Good Samaritan Contacts:
- Lisa Nelson 612-965-0288 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barb Verduci 612-209-4036 or email@example.com
- Miriam Rickert 952-942-7153 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizations Website: http://www.beaconinterfaith.org/what-we-do/families-moving-forward
Stay tuned for the listing of Good Samaritan’s next week to host families.