Good Samaritan partners with Simpson United Methodist Church at 2740 1st Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55408 to help with
- Painting & repairs on Simpson’s building
- Purchasing items for and assembling goodie bags to hand out at their La Posada Event in December.
- 10 – 20 adult & youth to staff one of their Produce Fairs which take place on the last Saturday of June, July, August, & September. (Our date is likely to be July) The Produce Fairs distribute fresh produce to persons in the neighborhood who otherwise have a hard time accessing fresh food.
Volunteers help with:
- Purchasing fresh produce at the Mpls farmer’s market
- Dividing, bagging, & distributing food
- Setting up & taking down tents, tables, & chairs
- Greeting & signing in guests
- Leading activities & crafts for children
Hosting a Sunday morning SERRV Sale at Good Sam in the spring. Requires volunteers for set up, the sale on Sunday, & take down on Monday morning. See Good Sam’s calendar for this year’s date. This sale provides high quality handmade products from many countries around the world. Crafters in struggling areas are assisted with micro loans, help deciding on best selling products, & SERRV Sales to market their products. Contact person is JoAnn Knutson.