Caring for one another is what we’re all called to do. As Good Samaritan’s we not only pray for each other we try to reach out and care for each other.
- Pastoral Care and Visitation – PastorKevin@good.org or PastorDiane@good.org, can be reached for pastoral care or to request a visit.
- Prayer Ministry – Good Samaritan has an “Electronic Prayer Chain.” All Good Samaritan’s are welcome to notify Joanie@good.org, our Program Manager, and she will be glad to add you to the list of those who receive the weekly Electronic Prayer Chain notification. You can also use the form below to submit a prayer request:
- Well-Seasoned Luncheons – A couple of times each year we host a luncheon honoring our “well-seasoned” members 80+ years of age. Watch the “CHURCH NEWS” page, here on the web, for upcoming events.
- Homebound Ministry – We are all invited to visit, send cards, make phone calls or take communion to those who are homebound. Contact Pastor Diane for more information regarding ways you can participate.
We provide Care and Support as we reach out beyond our church doors by:
- Helping Families Make a Home: we occasionally collect furnishings for a specific family coming out of homelessness. To start a household, they need everything from linens, dishes, lamps, small appliances, and furniture and our generous congregation donates their extra furnishings, or buys new items.
- Giving a Little Gift: each Christmas we collect little gift items which create a Christmas present to brighten the day of the elderly living in Walker Methodist Health Center. Some residents get no other gifts!
- The Mitten Tree collection: each November/December we collect hats, scarves, gloves, socks, boots and mittens for children in the inner city school of Stonebridge World and for adults at the Simpson Shelter.