Good Samaritan’s children’s programs cultivate a joyful community of families engaged in high quality programs, faith, fellowship, spiritual fulfillment and mission.
The children’s ministry serves children from birth through 6th grade and their families.
Our facilities include a nursery, gym, and Methodist Sunday School lessons in our classrooms, and our church library has children’s material and chairs for reading. There are donuts and lemonade served after each service on Sundays in the Fellowship Hall.
During the school year, we offer Sunday School and Wednesday night Youth Group (W.I.L.D. Ones). During Advent season, there is a children’s Christmas Pageant and family- friendly services. In the Summer, we offer Vacation Bible School (VBS), and Little Leapers playgroup.
Sunday School is available for children and youth age 4 through grade 12.
Sunday School, September 24
- Parable of Two Builders – taught by Jan Russell
- Following Children’s Time in Worship
- Pre-K – 2nd Grade in Room 200
- 3rd-6th Grade in Room 201
- Youth are encouraged to stay with their family in worship or help in the Nursery or with Sunday School
Jan is looking for volunteers to help teach Sunday School this fall.
The commitment is one Sunday a month. You will receive the lesson plan on Wednesday before your Sunday class. Let Jan know if you are willing to help and what age level you are interested in teaching.
- W.I.L.D. Ones, Buzz, and High School Youth
Wednesdays: Tonight – Obstacle course in the Gym!
- Confirmation Class 2024
This Sunday, meet under the Portico (upper parking lot) at 2:30 p.m. to go to Hennepin Avenue UMC to hear Jen Hatmaker speak.
- Bible Sunday – October 8, 10 a.m. Worship
- Social Justice Family Academy – Saturdays, October 14, November 11, and December 9 from 12:00 to 1:30 p.m. (with optional discussion from 1:30 to 2:30) RSVP required @ https://tinyurl.com/
- Drive-Thru Mini Boo – Tuesday, October 31, 4 to 6 p.m. Drive through the portico for a goodie bag
- Hanging of the Greens – Sunday, November 26, 4 p.m., STEP Toy Drive
- Advent Pageant – Sunday, December 17, 10 a.m. Worship
- Family Christmas Eve Service – Sunday, December 24, 4 p.m.
- 2nd Annual Family Movie Night – Wednesday, December 27, 5 p.m. Light supper followed by The Muppets Christmas Carol in the Sanctuary. Bring your pillow, blanket, and stuffed animal! We will take donations of socks and/or canned soup for our shelter and food shelf partners.
Sundays, 9:45 – 11:00a.m.
The large, light-filled, and welcoming nursery is staffed by professional childcare workers. Your child can enjoy the nursery while you enrich your soul and mind in worship. The Nursery is on the upper level, steps from our sanctuary.