Inspiring joyful faith; Building a loving community; Serving Neighbors Near and Far
Good Sam’s youth programs provide an all welcoming, safe place for middle & high school students to gather, explore their faith, ask questions, form friendships and serve the community.
GOOD SAMARITAN FAMILY NEWSLETTER, MAY 05, 2023
Vacation Bible School (VBS)
4 day VBS
June 26-29, 2023
9am – 4pm
Participants: Age 3 to Grade 4
Grade 5 thru adults
Encouraged to Volunteer!
Adaptive Vacation Bible Camp
August 7-10, 2023
Eden Prairie United Methodist Church
We are partnering with Eden Prairie UMC to offer an Adaptive Summer Bible Camp. This experience supports kids with social, communication, and sensory needs. Children will enjoy games, fun and creative learning with trained volunteers. Adaptive Camp is for children 3.5 years and older. There is no charge. Registration is coming soon. Contact Jan with any questions
Youth Sunday School
Sunday School is available for children and youth age 4 through grade 12.
- Sunday School, this Sunday, June 4
National Park Series – Acadia, Beginnings
All ages welcome
Taught by Jan in Room 200
Wednesday Night Youth Gatherings
W.I.L.D. will resume on Wednesday, September 6th @ 7pm
W.I.L.D. Ones, Buzz, and High School Youth Group
- Help! Does anyone have volleyball expertise? The youth group would be interested in having a volleyball night at a Wednesday night youth group! Contact Jan if you can help out!
- ASP Mission Trip – Next up: Culture Night on Wednesday, April 19 at 6:30pm in Fellowship Hall. More info can be found at https://good.org/event/asp/
- Confirmation Class 2023 – Our next class is this Sunday, April 16, 4:00-6:00pm in Room 201
- Adaptive Vacation Bible Camp – August 7-10, 2023 We are partnering with Eden Prairie UMC to offer an Adaptive Summer Bible Camp. This experience supports kids with social, communication, and sensory needs. Children will enjoy games, fun, and creative learning with trained volunteers. Adaptive Camp is for children 3½ years and older and there is no charge. Contact Jan with any questions and for the registration link.
Appalachia Service Project (ASP)
Making Homes Warmer, Safer, Drier, Transforming Lives
2023 will mark Good Samaritan’s 42nd year of participation in ASP. The need in the Appalachia area has not diminished and neither has our commitment to serving the wonderful people in that area.
According to the ASP website, “each year, more than 15,000 volunteers serve with ASP, providing critical repairs for more than 350 families.” Projects can include roofing, flooring, shoring up foundations, digging drainage ditches, making rooms or homes wheel-chair accessible, or other projects that help make homes warmer, safer, and drier. In addition to building and improving homes, ASP is also a relational ministry for both the families we serve as well as those serving.
This ministry is about lifting the spirits of Appalachian families and reminding them that God’s love knows no boundaries. In the process of putting your faith in action, God acts in your heart. And when you change the lives of others, they have a way of changing you.
All students who have completed the 9th grade or higher are invited to serve with families in Central Appalachia. Students who are not members of or otherwise affiliated with Good Samaritan church are also invited to participate in the ASP trip. Bring a friend.
For more information contact Amy Manolis at AMANOLIS@MAC.COM or Jan Russell at JAN@GOOD.ORG.
Confirmation: 9th Grade
9th graders are invited to participate in a 9-month Confirmation program as an intentional journey; digging deeper into the Christian faith, their understanding and relationship with God, and what it means to live out the vows of Christian discipleship in their everyday lives.
Our next class, Saturday, May 6, will be our field trip to Lakewood Cemetery!