Children’s Sunday School
Sunday School is available for children and youth age 4 through grade 12.
- Following Children’s Time in Worship, Room 200
- December 12: “The Shepherds”
- Children’s Choir rehearsals, K-6th grade, Wednesdays, 6-7 p.m. through December 20
- STEP Toy drive continues until Sunday, December 10
- Christmas Pageant – Sunday, December 17, 10 a.m. Worship
- Family Christmas Eve Service – Sunday, December 24, 4 p.m.
- 2nd Annual Family Movie Night – Wednesday, December 27, 5 p.m. Light supper followed by The Muppets Christmas Carol in the Sanctuary. Bring your pillow, blanket, and stuffed animal! We will take donations of socks and/or canned soup for our shelter and food shelf partners.
Children’s Curriculum: For Pre-K to 5th grade we will use Passport to Peace. Children will discover that there are many ways to live as peacemakers in our world. Kids are invited to see every person as part of God’s family, and every interaction as an opportunity to make peace.
Once per year for each grade level, Milestone Ministry lessons invite children and their families to Sunday School together. They share the excitement of learning more about their faith as a family and as a faith community.
Milestone Ministry topics Include: Learning About Our Church (4/5/K). The UMC Sacraments, Baptism and Communion (1st – 2nd Grade). Learning to Use Your Bible (3rd Grade). Eat Your Way Around the Seasons of the Church (4th – 5th Grade). Moving Up to The Youth Program (6th Grade).
What to Expect at Our Methodist Sunday School Lessons: Children start the service seated with their families and then attend Sunday School after the Children’s message. On Communion Sundays, the first Sunday of the month, children start in the classroom and are brought up for Communion by teachers. Parents will pick up their children in the classrooms directly after the service and are invited to stay for coffee and donuts in the Fellowship Hall.
Join Our Reconciling United Methodist Church
Join Good Samaritan in Edina for inclusive and inspiring faith! If you’d like to visit our LGBTQIA-Friendly Methodist church today, contact us to schedule a tour. We look forward to welcoming you into our vibrant and compassion community today!