Good Samaritan’s are active in multiple areas of outreach and service.
Join with us as express thanks for just some of the missions Good Samaritans have been involved in over the years:
- We have participated in Hearts and Hammers for 15 years. In September, Good Samaritans painted, repaired, and landscaped our 15th house. Our efforts helped a Bloomington resident who could not do it himself or afford to pay to have his house painted.
- Youth and adult volunteers have participated in Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) for at least 15 years. FMSC is a nonprofit Christian organization utilizing volunteers who hand-pack meals specifically formulated for malnourished children. More than 90 percent of total donations are spent directly on meal production.
- Through Beacon’s Families Moving Forward (FMF) program we have been hosting families experiencing homelessness for two weeks each year for the past 20 years. Our volunteers offer four families hospitality, shelter space, and nutritious meals for a week.
- We have partnered with Stonebridge World School for 25 years. This K–6 school in South Minneapolis is tuition-free and open to all students. Our volunteers run the Stonebridge library and tutor students.
- We have participated in the Appalachia Service Project (ASP) for 40 years. ASP works to make homes warmer, safer, and drier for thousands of economically disadvantaged families in central Appalachia. Our church’s participation is paid by volunteer fees, fundraising events, and your
- We helped start Joyce Preschool and have provided volunteers and financial aid to them for 52 years. This bilingual (English and Spanish), multicultural preschool in Minneapolis supports whole families in preparing for elementary school and beyond.
As you visit the links in the right sidebar menu of this page you’ll discover more information about some of the ways you can join us as together we participate by serve.